Four Fabulous Hours in St. Maarten

Anguilla
British Virgin Islands
Hard Rock
Hard Rock Face of Rock
LeBlanc Resort and Spa
Nevis- Nice
St, Kitts cruise wedding!
St. Kitts
St. Croix
St. Lucia
St. Maarten
The Real Travel Show
Travel Marketplace
Travvy Awards
powered by

My Blog

Four Fabulous Hours in St. Maarten

I have just returned from an amazing trip to Anguilla, St. Kitts and St. Maarten. Just wanted to share how I spent and amazing 4 hours in St. Maarten while transiting from St. Kitts.  My LIAT flight arrived at 740am and since I have only used St. Maarten as a connecting point to other islands, I thought I would see what I could see during this layover in St. Maarten. Fortunately for me, there were no cruise ships in port on this day.  Upon exiting baggage claim I saw a taxi dispatcher and asked him what I could see of St. Maarten in 4 hours. He told me I could go into Phillipsburg, have breakfast, shop, stroll the boardwalk and return in plenty of time for my flight. He secured a taxi driver for me and we began our short journey into Phillipsburg.  The driver suggested the breakfast buffet at Holland House Hotel and it was an amazing suggestion. For $19.00, I enjoyed pastries, fruit, French Toast, pancakes, sausage, eggs, bacon and an assortment of teas and juices. Breakfast was served by a young lady from Curacao, It was amazing to hear the French, Dutch and German languages being spoken. After breakfast, I took some time to enjoy the view of the sea from the terrace and take advantage of the free Wi-Fi to catch up. Then I took a walk down the boardwalk and saw a colorful building that turned out to be a police station. Most shops do not open until 10am when ships are not in town. So as I waited for the shops to open, I came across a Hard Rock Café. I represent Hard Rock AIC for Travel Impressions so it was a great photo opportunity. Strolling through the many jewelry stores turned up amazing bargains, again since there were no ships. I came across a bench and sat and did some people watching. I observed two men trimming the palm trees and one used his machete to chop a yellow coconut for me. I LOVE coconut water. He even got me a straw. He took time to explain to me the different colors of coconuts.  When I could no longer resist, I rolled up my pants legs and strolled to the beautiful Caribbean Sea where warm water and many beautiful sea shells awaited. Just amazed at the work of God as I could see Saba Island in the background.  After about 15 minutes, I gathered myself and proceeded to the agreed upon meeting point. My driver was waiting at 1145am and safely returned me to the airport in time for my 245pm flight.  St, Maarten/ St. Martin, I enjoyed my brief stay and look forward to returning again when I can spend more time!

43 Comments to Four Fabulous Hours in St. Maarten:

Comments RSS
Endless Travel, LLC on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 9:53 PM
This is so great, Brenda!!! Can't wait to hear more..):

Franco Clacton on Monday, February 22, 2016 5:30 AM
Hi, it was actually a really good experience for me when I visited your website. I hope you don't mind if I praise you on the level of quality of the work you have done here and to wish you the best of luck with it as you progress in the coming years. It was a pleasure to browse your site and I shall surely be dropping by again shortly to discover how you are doing. Thanks and I shall see you here soon - Frankie Clacton

Ira Penny on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 10:53 PM
Amazing!!!!! Makes me want to go SXM now. Very informative!

Cheryl Jones on Wednesday, April 09, 2014 11:05 PM
Excellent recap of what to do in St. Maarten. I can't wait to visit and explore all the places you talked about.

Ally Kenna on Thursday, April 10, 2014 9:20 AM
I LOVE coconut water too! Brenda, thanks for sharing your anecdotes. XOXO

Tarese Price on Thursday, April 10, 2014 9:58 AM
St. Maarten is such a great place. You made me want to get back there as soon as possible! Nice post!

TravelGenieKen on Thursday, April 10, 2014 10:54 AM
Cool recap of St Maarten. Since long layovers become a problem it is nice to have information on what to do instead of sitting in the airport. I see a business opportunity for locals.

Brenda on Thursday, April 10, 2014 11:51 AM
Love the blue water! Thanks for sharing your experience, I will suggest clients they do the same when on a layover in St. Maarten!

Kailash Mansarovar Yatra on Tuesday, August 05, 2014 4:19 AM
Useful information shared. I am very happy to read this article.

website on Sunday, August 24, 2014 9:02 PM
The cooking area is without a doubt doubtless a vital home inside your home and also takecare of computer right so that you can treat Each one unit includes a your kitchen's built in space as well as bathroom

adres internetowy on Saturday, August 30, 2014 7:01 AM
This is a living room extremely susceptible to debris as well as ruin -- goes to the pup inside the shoes, that is commonly muddy and / or moist, primarily throughout icy weather Inside a, with helpful betting lines not to mention vibrant hues, specifically decent curtains by means of authentic patterns and also daring colors

blog on Saturday, September 06, 2014 6:42 AM
Carpets estimated to be top-quality during pretty, attractive lounges, not to mention bedrooms The many decorating benefits can be achieved by way of a list of window curtains and additionally drapes

Travel of Morocco on Sunday, September 07, 2014 6:59 AM
Really, It is an wonderful traveling place which must make a good moment. If we are thinking to make a travel in next time than we can choice the place.

www on Wednesday, September 10, 2014 3:15 PM
so they are work the people for just a lengthy time Who altogether different is definitely not able to protest about

parkpenny on Monday, September 22, 2014 3:09 AM
The number one thing to seem at when picking which penny stocks to watch is tendency. If you seem into the record of a company's stock cost, you will observe patterns of dips and peaks. This information lets you to pick the absolute greatest time to buy. You can buy during a plunge and sell correct at the peak roughly all time.

dlshealthcareconsulting on Monday, September 22, 2014 3:09 AM
Geriatrics and Gerontology are often used to mean the same thing.  Geriatrics is the branch of medicine that deals with the illness and care of the aged, while Gerontology is the study of factors affecting the normal aging process and the effects of aging on persons of all ages.

afterbusinesscommunity on Monday, September 22, 2014 3:09 AM
In the business world, written communication is as important as verbal communication. However, a close observation has shown that more executives have poor business writing skills which have accounted for a majority of business failure, fueled major crisis, increased rejection rate of products and services.

grownupbaking on Monday, September 22, 2014 3:09 AM
Can you imagine a birthday without a cake? I think no. As children we used to do everything to make sure that our parents brought or baked cake for our birthday. As grown up we have never forgotten to include cake during anniversary celebrations. One cannot imagine a wedding without a wedding cake. The list of events is endless and so is the kind of cake needed for that particular event.

hotelsandresort on Monday, September 22, 2014 3:10 AM
The good time to visit Alleppey is during the time of August or September. It is the time when Allapuzha witnesses the famous Snake boat race at Punnamada Lake. Make sure you make advance booking for that. The snake boats are large boat which measures between hundred and hundred and thirty feet can seat more then hundred oarsmen.

Best Wedding Photographer in Jaipur, on Friday, September 26, 2014 3:47 AM
I pray and wish you all the success through this awesome journey.

opal loose on Wednesday, October 08, 2014 10:49 AM

profil on Thursday, October 16, 2014 8:09 PM
which will probably be padded, for instance , our You are also able to decide to slender your window shading as well as your on the appropriate coloring that should match the helpful perform the job

planning a wedding on Monday, November 03, 2014 1:15 AM
Nice blog my spouse and i truly just like your current blog AS WELL AS ones writing skills about this topic. currently all connected with you usually are suffering via several body pain therefor ones blog this year assistance intended for those. Thank you.

Office Furniture Supplier on Friday, November 07, 2014 4:42 PM
I was very pleased to find this web site.I wanted to thank you for your time reading this magnificent! I really relished every bit of it and I've marked to ensure that the blog post certain thing new.

strona internetowa on Monday, December 08, 2014 5:43 AM
A sensible choice could be to come across skilled corporation as well as vendor right online The your kitchen's is normally undoubtedly vital location at home and we takecare than it appropriate that will treat

najlepszewnetrze.com.pl on Monday, January 19, 2015 6:47 AM
details that will serve us all from the using a furniture, substances, walls or simply terrain to individuals, thus just after choose, we can have fun with the inflected interior

Kent on Sunday, February 22, 2015 2:33 AM
Good
Reply to comment

cruises Sydney on Saturday, February 28, 2015 1:11 AM
A lot of thanks for sharing this impression of amazing trip to Anguilla and getting this here I enjoyed very much. Take your good job up and always keep it up for sharing.

adres on Monday, March 02, 2015 10:52 AM
Also get features relating to remarkable venture aided by the air such as clothing products and toys

best foot massager review on Thursday, June 04, 2015 12:55 AM
The foot is the main part of our body. We used our foot more than any other part of our body, so we need to take care of our food.

Pay Less on Monday, June 29, 2015 2:31 AM
This post is related with what I’m concerned with and it’s fantastically made. Thanks very much for your hardworking.

trampolines for kids on Sunday, July 05, 2015 2:58 PM
Mini trampolines for kids are a great way to get them understanding exercise and fitness. They can be used indoors, so that if it is rainy, your child can still have a fun day.

fake watches on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 8:25 PM

Tom Francis on Sunday, November 15, 2015 2:36 AM

reflexology in london on Sunday, November 15, 2015 2:37 AM
This particular appears so great! It really is so great to view a person submitting once again! Ok consequently Now i'm betting a person indicate the subsequent formula may be the pie that Fl may be known with regard to????? Now i'm sooooo fired up for that a single!!!

Read More on Saturday, May 21, 2016 3:41 AM
Thank you, I have recently been searching for information about this topic for ages and yours is the best I have discovered so far.

rolex replica on Monday, October 24, 2016 2:30 AM

Coconut Oil for Dry Feet & Skin on Sunday, July 16, 2017 10:33 AM
Coconut oils are of various types and virgin coconut oil is most effective to treat dry skin. Use our best extra virgin coconut oils for dry feet and skin and see the result.

device on Thursday, October 19, 2017 11:47 AM
Awesome content!

exercise on Thursday, October 19, 2017 11:48 AM
Good blog post !!!Your blog held my interest right to the very end, which is not always an easy thing to do!!

www on Thursday, October 19, 2017 11:50 AM
Great site!

pills on Thursday, October 19, 2017 11:51 AM
I am sure this post has helped me save many hours of browsing other related posts just to find what I was looking for. Many thanks! Great site!

pills on Thursday, October 19, 2017 11:52 AM